Chewy Butter Cake Recipe
- 1 (18.25 ounce) package yellow cake mix
- ½ cup margarine, softened
- 3 eggs
- 4 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 (8 ounce) package cream cheese
- 4 cups confectioners' sugar
step 1: Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Grease and flour a 9x13 inch pan.
step 2: In a large bowl, combine cake mix, margarine, 1 egg and 2 teaspoons vanilla. Press into a 9x13 inch pan.
step 3: Using the same bowl, combine cream cheese, 2 eggs, 2 teaspoons vanilla and 4 cups confectioners' sugar. Mix together until smooth. Pour over cake mixture.
step 4: Bake in the preheated oven for 35 to 40 minutes. Cake will rise up around sides of pan and look fallen when done. Allow to cool.