Chicken Almond Baguette Recipe
- 2 1/2 cups cooked, chopped chicken breast meat
- 3/4 cup mayonnaise
- 1 stalk celery, chopped
- 1/2 cup slivered almonds, toasted*
- 1/2 teaspoon onion salt
- 1 (8 ounce) loaf baguette
- 4 leaves lettuce leaves
- 2 tomatoes, thinly sliced
- 1 (6 ounce) container avocado dip
- 1/2 cup sliced green onions (optional)
step 1: Mix chicken, mayonnaise, celery, almonds and onion salt. Cut baguette lengthwise in half.
step 2: Arrange lettuce on bottom half of baguette; top with tomato slices. Spread chicken mixture over tomatoes; top with avocado dip. Sprinkle with green onions. Top with remaining baguette half. Cut diagonally into 8 slices.
step 3: *To Toast Almonds: Bake uncovered in ungreased shallow pan in a 350 degrees F (175 degrees C) oven for about 10 minutes, stirring occasionally, until golden brown. Or cook in ungreased heavy skillet over medium low heat for 5 to 7 minutes, stirring frequently until browning begins, then stirring constantly until golden brown.