Chicken Boston Recipe
- 1 cup thousand island salad dressing
- 1 cup pineapple-apricot preserves
- ¼ cup grated onion
- 1 (1 ounce) package dry onion soup mix
- ½ teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 whole chicken, cut into 8 pieces, washed and patted dry
- 4 large potatoes - peeled and halved lengthwise
step 1: Preheat oven to 300 degrees F (150 degrees C).
step 2: In a bowl, stir together the thousand island salad dressing, pineapple-apricot preserves, grated onion, dry onion soup mix, and cinnamon until well blended. Place chicken in a large, oiled baking dish. Arrange potato halves around the edges of the pan, fitting chicken and potatoes tightly together in a single layer. Brush sauce over chicken, coating completely. Cover with aluminum foil.
step 3: Bake in the preheated oven for 40 minutes. Increase oven temperature to 375 degrees F (190 degrees C) and remove foil. Continue baking 15 minutes more, or until potatoes are fork-tender and chicken is no longer pink in center. Both should have a beautiful golden brown glaze.