Chicken Breast Cacciatore Recipe
- 1 (8 ounce) can tomato sauce
- 1 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 cup cornflake crumbs
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 teaspoon dried parsley flakes
- 6 boneless, skinless chicken breast halves
- 1 egg, beaten
- 2/3 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
step 1: In a microwave-safe bowl, combine tomato sauce, Italian seasoning and garlic powder. Cover and microwave on high for 2 minutes; stir. Cook at 50% power for 3-5 minutes or until mixture simmers, stirring once; set aside.
step 2: In a bowl, combine crumbs, Parmesan and parsley. Dip chicken into egg, then roll in crumb mixture. Place in a lightly greased shallow 3-qt. microwave-safe dish. Cover and microwave on high for 10-12 minutes, rotating a half turn after 5 minutes.
step 3: Pour tomato mixture over chicken; sprinkle with mozzarella. Cook, uncovered, at 50% power for 3-5 minutes or until meat juices run clear.