Chicken Calvados Recipe
- ½ cup all-purpose flour
- ½ teaspoon seasoned salt
- 4 skinless, boneless chicken breast halves
- ¼ cup butter
- ½ cup chopped green onions
- 3 cups sliced fresh mushrooms
- 3 Granny Smith apples, peeled and sliced
- 1 cup apple brandy, such as Calvados
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme leaves
- 1 teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon pepper
- 1 cup heavy cream
step 1: Combine flour and seasoned salt in a wide, shallow dish. Coat the chicken breasts in the seasoned flour. Heat the butter in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Brown chicken in the butter, about 3 minutes on each side. Transfer chicken to a plate and tent with foil.
step 2: Combine the onions, mushrooms, and apples in the skillet. Cook and stir until the apples are just tender, about 5 minutes. Stir in the brandy, thyme, salt, and pepper; bring to a simmer. Return chicken to the pan; cook, uncovered, about 10 minutes. Stir in cream, and simmer until thickened, about 5 minutes.