Chicken Celery Casserole Recipe
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 large onion, sliced into rings
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 4 boneless, skinless chicken breast halves, cut into bite-sized pieces
- 2 (10.75 ounce) cans condensed cream of celery soup
- 1 cup chopped celery
- 1 (4 ounce) can mushrooms, drained
- 1 cup chopped carrot
- 1 pinch poultry seasoning
- salt and pepper to taste
step 1: Heat oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Add onion and garlic, and saute for a few minutes until tender. Add chicken pieces, and fry until lightly browned. Transfer the mixture to a 9x13 inch baking dish, and stir in the celery soup, celery, mushrooms, and carrots. Season with poultry seasoning, salt and pepper to taste.
step 2: Preheat the oven to 300 degrees F (150 degrees C). Cover the dish, and bake for 2 hours. Serve over chicken flavored rice. Can be made the night before and reheated before serving.