Chicken Chili II Recipe
- 1 pound skinless, boneless chicken breast meat - finely chopped
- 4 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 onion, finely diced
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 red bell pepper, diced
- 1 yellow bell pepper, chopped
- 1 tablespoon chili powder
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 5 cups chicken broth
- 2 (15 ounce) cans cannellini beans
- 1 (4 ounce) can diced green chiles
- ¼ cup cornmeal (optional)
- salt and pepper to taste
- ¼ teaspoon hot pepper sauce
step 1: In a large stock pot, saute chicken, olive oil, onion, garlic, red bell pepper and yellow bell pepper, until vegetables start to soften.
step 2: Add chili powder, cumin and oregano. Cook on medium for 3 minutes. Add chicken broth, beans and green chilies and continue to cook on medium low for 5 to 10 minutes.
step 3: If you want to thicken soup, mix cornmeal with a little water to form a paste and add to chili. Season with salt, pepper and hot sauce and serve.