Deep-Fried Oysters II Recipe
- 2 quarts vegetable oil for deep-frying
- 1 quart shucked oysters, drained
- 2 cups cornmeal
- 2 tablespoons garlic powder
- 2 tablespoons Cajun seasoning
- 1 tablespoon ground black pepper
- 2 tablespoons seasoned salt
step 1: RInse oysters and soak in fresh water. Heat deep-fryer to 375 degrees F (190 degrees C).
step 2: Combine cornmeal, garlic powder, Cajun seasoning, black pepper and seasoned salt in a large plastic bag. Place oysters in bag and shake until well coated.
step 3: Cook oysters 3 or 4 at a time in hot oil. Oysters will float and be golden brown when done. Drain briefly and serve warm.