Chicken Enchiladas with Pickled Vegetables Recipe
- 2 1/2 cups cooked, shredded chicken breast meat
- 1 (10 ounce) can ORTEGA® Enchilada Sauce, divided
- 1/4 cup vegetable oil
- 8 (6 inch) corn tortillas
- 3/4 cup SARGENTO® Fancy Shredded Monterey Jack Cheese
- 1 cup peeled, chopped cooked potato
- 1 cup peeled, chopped cooked carrot
- 1 cup chopped onion
- 1/2 cup ORTEGA® Thick & Chunky Salsa
- 2 tablespoons red wine vinegar
step 1: COMBINE chicken and 1/4 cup enchilada sauce in medium bowl. Pour remaining enchilada sauce in small skillet; heat until warm.
step 2: HEAT vegetable oil in separate small skillet over medium-high heat for 2 to 3 minutes. Pass tortillas, using tongs, through oil to soften. Place on paper towels to soak. Pass tortillas through enchilada sauce.
step 3: PLACE 1/4 cup chicken mixture down center of each tortilla; roll up. Place seam-side down on microwave-safe platter or baking dish. Top with remaining enchilada sauce; sprinkle with cheese. Bake in preheated 350 F. oven for 10 to 15 minutes or microwave on HIGH (100%) power for 4 to 5 minutes or until heated through and cheese is melted. Top with pickled vegetables.
step 4: FOR PICKLED VEGETABLE GARNISH COMBINE 1 cup each, peeled, chopped cooked potato and carrot, 1 cup chopped onion, 1/2 cup ORTEGA Thick & Chunky Salsa and 2 tablespoons red wine vinegar in medium bowl.