Chicken Fried Chicken Recipe
- 30 saltine crackers
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 2 tablespoons dry potato flakes
- 1 teaspoon seasoned salt
- ½ teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1 egg
- 6 skinless, boneless chicken breast halves
- 2 cups vegetable oil for frying
step 1: Place crackers in a large resealable plastic bag; seal bag and crush crackers with a rolling pin until they are coarse crumbs. Add the flour, potato flakes, seasoned salt, and pepper and mix well.
step 2: Beat egg in a shallow dish or bowl. One by one, dredge chicken pieces in egg, then place in bag with crumb mixture. Seal bag and shake to coat.
step 3: Heat oil in a deep-fryer or large saucepan to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
step 4: Fry chicken, turning frequently, until golden brown and juices run clear, 15 to 20 minutes.