Chicken Gumbo Soup Recipe
- 8 cups water
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 tablespoon hot pepper sauce
- 2 carrots, sliced thin
- 4 ounces fresh mushrooms
- 1 (10 ounce) package frozen okra, thawed and sliced
- ¼ cup uncooked wild rice
- 1 skinless, boneless chicken breast half - cut into cubes
- 1 ½ cups uncooked rotini pasta
- salt to taste
- ground black pepper to taste
- 3 green onions, thinly sliced
step 1: Bring the water to a boil. Add the garlic powder and the hot pepper sauce. Put the carrots and mushrooms into the pot of water. Cook for five minutes.
step 2: Add the okra, wild rice, and chicken cubes. Turn heat to low, and cook for three hours.
step 3: Add the spiral pasta, and cook for ten minutes. Add salt and pepper to taste. Serve hot, garnished with green onions.