Chicken Mole Recipe
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 4 pounds chicken pieces
- 1 cup chopped onion
- 1 clove garlic, finely chopped
- 1 (24 ounce) jar ORTEGA® Thick & Chunky Salsa
- 1 cup chicken broth
- 3 tablespoons chili powder
- 3 tablespoons creamy peanut butter
- 2 tablespoons NESTLE® TOLL HOUSE® Baking Cocoa
- chopped fresh parsley (optional)
- 8 cups cooked long-grain white rice (optional)
step 1: HEAT vegetable oil in large skillet over medium-high heat. Add chicken; cook, turning frequently, for 4 to 6 minutes or until browned on all sides. Remove from skillet. Add onion and garlic; cook, stirring constantly, for 2 to 3 minutes or until onion is tender.
step 2: STIR in salsa, broth, chili powder, peanut butter and cocoa. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat to medium-low. Place chicken in sauce; cook, uncovered, for 20 to 25 minutes or until chicken is no longer pink near bone.
step 3: COMBINE rice and parsley in medium bowl; serve with Chicken Mole.