Chicken Nicoise Recipe
- 1 cup uncooked long-grain rice
- 1 1/3 cups water
- 1 1/4 cups dry white wine, divided
- 4 skinless, boneless chicken thighs
- 3 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- 1/2 cup frozen pearl onions
- 1 tablespoon Italian-style seasoning
- 2 green bell peppers, sliced
- 6 kalamata olives, pitted and chopped
step 1: Heat rice and water to boiling in 2-quart saucepan, stirring occasionally; reduce heat to low. Cover and cook about 15 minutes or until rice is tender. Fluff with fork.
step 2: While rice is cooking, heat 1/4 cup of the wine to boiling in 10-inch nonstick skillet. Cook chicken in wine, turning once, until brown. Remove chicken from skillet; keep warm.
step 3: Add garlic, onions, Italian seasoning, bell peppers, olives and remaining 1 cup wine to skillet. Heat to boiling; boil 5 minutes.
step 4: Add chicken to skillet; reduce heat to medium. Cook 10 to 15 minutes or until juice of chicken is no longer pink when centers of thickest pieces are cut. Serve over rice.