Chicken Orzo Salad Recipe
- 1 ½ cups uncooked orzo pasta
- ⅓ cup olive oil
- ¼ cup orange juice
- 1 ½ tablespoons vinegar
- ¾ teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon grated orange zest
- 4 cups chopped cooked chicken breast
- 1 cantaloupe, cut into bite-size pieces
- 1 cup red seedless grapes, halved
- 1 cup low-fat mayonnaise
- ¾ cup cashew halves
- 1 head lettuce leaves, for lining salad bowls
step 1: Bring a large pot of lightly salted water to a boil. Add pasta, and cook for 8 to 10 minutes or until al dente. Rinse with cold water, drain, and set aside.
step 2: In a large bowl, whisk together oil, orange juice, vinegar, salt, and orange zest. Stir in cooked chicken until coated. Stir in cooked orzo, cantaloupe, grape halves, and mayonnaise. Cover and chill for 4 to 6 hours. Just before serving, stir in cashews. Serve in lettuce lined bowls.