Chicken Pecan Salad Recipe
- 2 tablespoons hot red pepper sauce
- ½ cup margarine, melted
- ⅔ cup brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 pinch salt
- 1 pound coarsely chopped pecans
- 6 skinless, boneless chicken breast halves
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 tablespoon Greek seasoning
- 1 pound romaine lettuce, torn
- 1 cup cherry tomato halves
- ½ cup fresh strawberries
- ½ cup seedless grapes
- ¼ cup fresh raspberries
- ¼ cup fresh blueberries
- ½ cup honey mustard salad dressing
step 1: Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
step 2: In a bowl, mix the hot red pepper sauce, margarine, brown sugar, Worcestershire sauce, lemon juice, and salt. Mix pecans into the bowl, tossing to coat evenly. Spread pecans in a single layer on a baking sheet. Bake 10 minutes in the preheated oven, stirring often and watching carefully, until lightly browned. Remove from heat, and set aside.
step 3: Rub chicken with the olive oil, place on a baking sheet, and sprinkle with Greek seasoning. Bake 20 minutes or until juices run clear. Slice into strips.
step 4: In a salad bowl, toss together romaine lettuce, chicken strips, cherry tomato halves, strawberries, grapes, raspberries, and blueberries. Sprinkle with pecans, and drizzle with dressing.