Chicken Pizzaiola Recipe
- 4 Tyson® Fresh Boneless, Skinless Chicken Breasts
- 1 1/4 teaspoons salt
- 3/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 2 medium red or yellow peppers, cut into strips
- 1 (8 ounce) package sliced white mushrooms
- 2 large cloves garlic, thinly sliced
- 1 1/2 cups canned crushed tomatoes
- Grated Parmesan cheese
step 1: Sprinkle chicken with 3/4 teaspoon salt and 1/4 teaspoon pepper. Refrigerate.
step 2: Heat 2 tablespoons oil in large nonstick skillet over medium heat. Cook peppers 5 minutes, or until crisp-tender. Add mushrooms, garlic, and remaining salt and pepper. Cook 3 minutes, or until mushrooms soften. Add crushed tomatoes; cook over medium-low heat 5 minutes, or until peppers are soft. Transfer to bowl; keep warm.
step 3: Wipe skillet clean. Heat remaining oil over medium-high heat. Cook chicken 10 to 12 minutes, until juices run clear when thickest part of chicken is pierced. Place chicken on platter, spoon pepper sauce over, and sprinkle with Parmesan. (Refrigerate leftovers.)