Chicken Primavera Recipe
- 1 pound boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- 2 tablespoons butter or margarine
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 3/4 cup chicken broth
- 1/4 cup white wine, or additional chicken broth
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 2 cups sliced fresh mushrooms
- 1 cup frozen peas
- 1/2 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
- Hot cooked linguine
step 1: Cut chicken into 1/2-in. strips; place in a 2-qt. microwave-safe dish. Cover and microwave on high for 3 minutes. Turn chicken and move center pieces to the out-side of the dish. Cover and microwave on high 3 minutes longer. Drain; set aside and keep warm.
step 2: In another microwave-safe bowl, cover and microwave butter on high for 45 seconds or until melted. Stir in the flour until smooth. Gradually stir in the broth, wine and pepper; mix well. Add mushrooms and peas. Microwave, uncovered, on high for 5-7 minutes or until the vegetables are tender, stirring once. Stir in chicken; sprinkle with cheese. Microwave, uncovered, on high for 1-2 minutes or until the cheese is melted. Serve over linguine.