Chicken Rellenos Recipe
- 4 Tyson® Individually Fresh Frozen Boneless, Skinless Chicken Breasts
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/2 cup enchilada sauce
- 1 (4 ounce) can whole green chiles, drained and cut into thick strips
- 1 cup Mexican-style shredded four-cheese blend
- 4 (10 inch) warm flour tortillas
step 1: Remove protective ice glaze from frozen breasts by holding under lukewarm running water about 1 minute. Pat chicken dry with paper towels. Wash hands.
step 2: Heat oil in large nonstick skillet with tight-fitting lid. Add chicken; sprinkle with salt and pepper and cook over medium-high heat until browned, 3 minutes per side.
step 3: Pour enchilada sauce over chicken. Cover, reduce heat to a simmer, and cook, turning once, 15 minutes. Turn chicken again, smooth-side up; top with chiles and cheese. Cover and cook 2 minutes until cheese melts or juices run clear when thickest part of chicken is pierced or temperature on instant-read thermometer reaches 180 degrees F. Serve with tortillas. (Refrigerate leftovers.)