Chicken Risotto Recipe
- 2 cups uncooked white rice
- 1 (10.75 ounce) can condensed cream of mushroom soup
- 2 cups chicken broth
- 1 cup fresh mushrooms, sliced
- 2 tablespoons chopped green bell pepper
- 3 tablespoons chopped fresh basil
- 1 tablespoon dried minced onion
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- ¼ teaspoon ground black pepper
- ¼ cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 4 chicken thighs
- 3 tablespoons Italian-style dry bread crumbs
- 2 tablespoons grated Parmesan cheese
step 1: Preheat oven to 325 degrees F (165 degrees C).
step 2: In a large bowl, combine the rice, mushroom soup, chicken broth, mushrooms, green bell pepper, basil, onion, oregano, garlic, ground black pepper and 1/4 cup cheese. Stir until all ingredients are well mixed.
step 3: Pour this mixture into a 9x13 inch baking dish. Place the chicken on top of the mixture and cover with foil. In a separate small bowl, combine the bread crumbs and remaining cheese and set aside.
step 4: Bake at 325 degrees F (165 degrees C) for 1 hour, remove from oven, uncover and sprinkle with the reserved bread crumb mixture. Return to oven and bake, uncovered, for 20 more minutes, or until golden brown.