Chicken Roche Recipe
- 1 cup uncooked long grain white rice
- 2 cups water
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 4 skinless, boneless chicken breast halves - cut into strips
- 1 (15 ounce) can black beans, drained
- 1 (14.5 ounce) can diced tomatoes
- 1 (14.5 ounce) can green beans, drained
- 1 tablespoon Creole seasoning
- 1 ½ tablespoons chili powder
step 1: In a pot, bring the rice and water to a boil. Reduce heat to low, cover, and simmer 20 minutes.
step 2: Heat the oil in a skillet over medium heat, and cook the chicken strips 10 minutes, or until browned and juices run clear.
step 3: In a saucepan over medium-low heat, mix the black beans, diced tomatoes, green beans, Creole seasoning, and chili powder. Cook, stirring occasionally, until heated through.
step 4: Mix the chicken into the bean and tomato mixture, and continue cooking 5 minutes. Serve over the rice.