Chicken Rotini Stovetop Casserole Recipe
- 1 (12 ounce) package rotini pasta
- 2 cups half-and-half cream
- ½ cup butter
- ⅔ cup freshly grated Parmesan cheese
- ½ teaspoon dried basil leaves
- ½ teaspoon dried oregano
- ½ teaspoon chopped fresh chives
- ½ teaspoon chopped fresh parsley
- 4 skinless, boneless chicken breast halves - cubed
- ½ green bell pepper, chopped
- ½ red bell pepper, chopped
step 1: Bring a large pot of lightly salted water to a boil. Add pasta, and cook for 8 to 10 minutes, or until al dente; drain.
step 2: Combine half-and-half and butter in a saucepan over medium heat. Boil gently, stirring, until mixture has reduced to 1 1/2 to 1 2/3 cups. Remove pan from heat; whisk in cheese, basil, oregano, chives, and parsley. Cover, and set aside.
step 3: Saute chicken in a large skillet until lightly browned on both sides. Stir in green and red bell pepper, and cook until vegetables are tender, and chicken is no longer pink in the middle.
step 4: In a casserole dish, combine the hot cooked pasta, chicken mixture, and sauce. Mix well, and serve immediately.