Chicken Salad with Couscous Recipe
- 1 cup couscous
- 2 cups chicken broth
- ½ cup dry white wine
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 2 tablespoons fresh lime juice
- 1 ½ teaspoons ground cumin
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1 pound skinless, boneless chicken breast meat - cubed
- 1 green bell pepper, cut into large chunks
- 1 red bell pepper, cut into large chunks
- 1 yellow bell pepper, cut into large chunks
- 4 green onions, chopped
- ¼ cup pitted black olives
step 1: Prepare couscous pasta according to package directions, using chicken broth for liquid. Drain and set aside.
step 2: In a large skillet combine the wine, oil, 1 tablespoon lime juice, 1 teaspoon cumin and garlic; mix all together and add chicken. Simmer over low heat until all liquid has evaporated and chicken juices run clear, 5 to 7 minutes.
step 3: Remove chicken from skillet and mix in a large bowl with remaining 1 tablespoon lime juice, remaining 1/2 teaspoon cumin, green bell pepper, red bell pepper, yellow bell pepper, green onion and couscous. Garnish with a few black olives per serving.