Chicken Seashell Salad Recipe
- 1 ½ cups seashell pasta
- ¼ cup cashews
- 3 boneless, chicken breast halves - cooked, skinned
- 3 ounces pineapple tidbits, juice reserved
- 2 small Gravenstein apples, peeled, cored and diced
- ¾ cup chopped celery
- 1 (3 ounce) can mandarin oranges, drained
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- ½ teaspoon almond extract
step 1: Cook macaroni in a large pan of boiling water until al dente. Drain, and rinse. Set aside.
step 2: Place nuts in a dry skillet. Toast over medium heat, turning frequently, until nuts are fragrant and lightly browned.
step 3: In a large bowl, combine pasta, chicken, pineapple, apples, celery, mandarin oranges, and toasted nuts.
step 4: In a small bowl, mix together mayonnaise, reserved pineapple juice, and almond flavoring. Stir into pasta mixture, and mix well. Chill.