Chicken Shepherd's Pie Recipe
- 8 potatoes
- ¼ cup butter
- ⅔ cup milk
- 1 medium head roasted garlic
- 1 pound cooked, shredded chicken breast meat
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh thyme
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh rosemary
- ½ cup red bell pepper, diced
- 1 cup fresh corn kernels
- 1 cup shredded Cheddar cheese
step 1: To prepare roasted garlic: Cut head of garlic in half and drizzle with olive oil. Wrap in foil and bake at 400 degrees F (200 degrees C) for 45 minutes.
step 2: Reduce oven temperature to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
step 3: Peel, chop and boil potatoes until tender. Drain, then mash potatoes. Add butter, milk and roasted garlic and mix in. Set aside.
step 4: Arrange chicken evenly in the bottom of a casserole dish, then sprinkle with spices, then layer peppers, corn and all but 1/4 cup cheese. Spread mashed potatoes on top, sealing everything in. Sprinkle with remaining cheese.
step 5: Bake at 350 degrees F (175 degrees C) for 25 minutes or until brown around edges.