Chicken Soup Au Pistou Recipe
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- ½ pound boneless skinless chicken breasts, cut into bite-size pieces
- 1 onion, finely diced
- 3 (14.5 ounce) cans chicken broth
- 1 (14.5 ounce) can whole peeled tomatoes
- 1 (14 ounce) can great Northern beans, rinsed and drained
- 2 carrots, sliced
- 1 large potato, diced
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1 cup frozen green beans
- ¼ cup pesto
step 1: Place the olive oil in a large saucepan and heat over medium-high heat until hot. Add chicken; cook and stir about 5 minutes or until chicken is browned. Add onion; cook and stir 2 minutes.
step 2: Add chicken broth, undrained tomatoes, northern beans, carrots, potato, salt and pepper. Bring to a boil, stirring to break up tomatoes. Reduce heat to low; cover and simmer for 15 minutes, stirring occasionally. Add green beans and cook for 5 minutes or until vegetables are tender.
step 3: Ladle soup into bowls, top each with 1 teaspoon pesto and sprinkle with parmesan cheese.