Chicken Stroganoff Skillet Recipe
- 1 tablespoon margarine or butter
- 3/4 pound boneless, skinless chicken breast halves, sliced into thin strips
- 1 cup fresh sliced mushrooms
- 1 3/4 cups water
- 1/3 cup milk
- 1 (4.7 ounce) package PASTA RONI® Butter & Garlic Flavor
- 1/2 cup dairy sour cream
- 2 strips crisply cooked bacon, crumbled
step 1: In large skillet, melt butter over medium-high heat. Add chicken and mushrooms. Cook and stir 4 to 5 minutes or until chicken is browned. Add water and milk to skillet. Bring to a boil; reduce heat to medium.
step 2: Slowly stir in pasta and seasonings. Separate pasta with a fork, if needed. Return to a boil. Boil uncovered, 4 to 5 minutes, or until pasta is tender, stirring frequently.
step 3: Remove skillet from heat. (Sauce will be thin.) Stir in sour cream and bacon. Let stand 3 to 5 minutes for sauce to thicken.