Chicken Suiza Cornbread Bake Recipe
- ½ cup butter
- 1 onion, finely chopped
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1 (15.25 ounce) can whole kernel corn, drained
- 1 (15 ounce) can cream-style corn, drained
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- ½ cup egg substitute
- 1 (8.5 ounce) package corn bread mix
- 2 ⅓ cups chopped cooked chicken breast
- 2 tablespoons canned green chile peppers, chopped
- 4 ounces sliced fresh mushrooms
- 1 ½ cups reduced-fat sour cream
- ¼ teaspoon salt, or to taste
- ¼ teaspoon ground black pepper, or to taste
- 1 (8 ounce) package Monterey Jack cheese, shredded
step 1: Preheat oven to 375 degrees F (190 degrees C). Grease a 9x13-inch baking dish.
step 2: Melt butter in a small skillet over medium heat. Add onion and garlic; cook and stir until tender, 4 to 6 minutes (see Cook's Note). Remove from heat and set aside. In a large bowl, combine corn, cream-style corn, salt, and egg substitute. Beat in muffin mix. Fold in cooked onion mixture. Pour into prepared baking dish.
step 3: In a large bowl, combine chicken, green chiles, mushrooms, sour cream, salt and pepper. Spoon over corn mixture to within 1 inch from edge. Sprinkle top with cheese.
step 4: Bake in preheated oven for 35 to 40 minutes, or until edges are golden brown.