Chicken Tikka Tenders Recipe
- 1 cup DANNON® Plain Yogurt
- 1 tablespoon curry paste or powder
- 1 lemon, juiced
- 2 tablespoons cilantro leaves, chopped
- 1 pound boneless, skinless chicken breast tenders
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 4 packaged flat breads or pita breads
step 1: Preheat nonstick skillet or grill pan over medium high heat with oil.
step 2: Combine Dannon(R) yogurt, curry paste, lemon juice and cilantro in a shallow dish. Season chicken with salt and pepper. Add chicken to yogurt sauce and coat evenly. Add extra virgin olive oil to the hot pan and place chicken into the pan in a single layer.
step 3: Cook in 2 batches if necessary. Cook chicken tikka tenders 3 to 4 minutes on each side, until juices run clear and chicken is firm. To serve, fold chicken tenders into warm pita and top with chopped tomatoes, cucumber, scallions, hot banana peppers and shredded lettuce.