Chicken and Asparagus Fettuccine Recipe
- 12 ounces dry fettuccini pasta
- 2 cups 1 inch pieces fresh asparagus
- ½ cup butter
- 2 cups half-and-half cream
- ¼ teaspoon garlic powder
- ¼ teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1 pinch cayenne pepper
- ¾ cup grated Parmesan cheese
- ½ pound cooked chicken breasts - cut into bite size pieces
step 1: Bring a large pot of lightly salted water to a boil. Add pasta, and cook for 8 to 10 minutes, or until al dente. Add the asparagus during the last 3 to 5 minutes of cooking. Drain, and transfer to a large bowl.
step 2: In a large saucepan over medium heat, combine butter and half-and-half. Cook until thick and bubbly. Season with garlic powder, black pepper, and cayenne pepper. Stir in Parmesan cheese and chicken, and heat through.
step 3: Pour sauce over pasta and asparagus, and toss to coat.