Chicken and Broccoli Pasta Recipe
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 pound skinless, boneless chicken breast halves - cut into 1 inch pieces
- 1 tablespoon chopped onion
- 2 cloves garlic, chopped
- 2 (14.5 ounce) cans diced tomatoes
- 2 cups fresh broccoli florets
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1 pinch dried oregano
- 18 ounces dry penne pasta
- ¼ cup fresh basil leaves, cut into thin strips
- 2 tablespoons grated Parmesan cheese
step 1: In a large skillet over medium heat, warm oil and add chicken; cook until slightly brown. Add onion and garlic to cook for about 5 minutes or until garlic is golden and onions are translucent.
step 2: Add tomatoes, broccoli, salt, pepper and oregano; stir well and bring to a boil. Cover and turn down heat to simmer for about 10 minutes.
step 3: Meanwhile, bring a large pot of lightly salted water to a boil. Add pasta and cook for 8 to 10 minutes or until tender; drain and add back into pot. Pour chicken sauce into pot and mix well.
step 4: Add basil and toss well; top with Parmesan cheese. Serve.