Chicken and Corn Chowder with Thyme Recipe
- 6 slices bacon, diced
- 4 green onions, chopped
- 1 onion, chopped
- 2 (14.5 ounce) cans chicken broth
- 2 large potatoes, diced
- 4 cups frozen corn kernels
- 4 skinless, boneless chicken breast halves - cut into cubes
- 3 tablespoons chopped fresh thyme
- 2 cups half-and-half
- salt to taste
- ground black pepper to taste
step 1: In a large pot, cook bacon until crisp. Remove bacon from the pan, and set aside. Drain all but 3 tablespoons of the bacon fat from the pan.
step 2: Saute the onions in the bacon fat. Add broth and the potato to the pot. Cover, and simmer for 10 minutes.
step 3: Add corn, chicken, and thyme. Cover. Simmer until the chicken is cooked and the vegetables are tender, about 15 minutes.
step 4: Stir half and half into the soup, and simmer for 2 minutes. Season with salt and pepper to taste. Ladle into bowls, and sprinkle with the bacon and scallions. Serve.