Chicken and Shrimp Recipe
- 5 tablespoons olive oil, divided
- 1 (8 ounce) package sliced fresh mushrooms
- 1 onion, chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, chopped
- 1 pound large shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 1 ¼ teaspoons salt, divided
- 4 skinless, boneless chicken breast halves - cut into 1 inch cubes
- 3 tablespoons all-purpose flour, divided
- ¼ cup dry white wine
- 1 ¼ cups water
- ground black pepper to taste
step 1: Heat 1 tablespoon oil in a large skillet over medium high heat. Saute mushrooms until golden; remove from skillet with a slotted spoon and set aside.
step 2: Add another 2 tablespoons oil to skillet. Saute onion, garlic and shrimp until opaque. Remove from skillet and add to mushrooms.
step 3: In a shallow dish or bowl mix 2 tablespoons flour with 3/4 teaspoon salt. Dredge chicken in flour to coat. Add 1 tablespoon oil to skillet and saute chicken in oil for 3 to 5 minutes or until no longer pink. Add chicken to mushroom/shrimp mixture.
step 4: Heat 1 tablespoon oil in skillet and stir in 1 tablespoon flour. Cook about 30 seconds, stirring constantly, until brown. Stir in wine, 1/2 teaspoon salt and water. Boil for 1 minute.
step 5: Reduce heat to medium low and return shrimp and chicken mixture to skillet. Simmer for about 10 minutes, season with pepper and serve.