Chicken and Turkey Marinade Recipe
- 1 cup olive oil
- 1/2 cup soy sauce
- 4 lemons, juiced
- 1/4 cup prepared yellow mustard
- 1/4 cup minced fresh chives
- 1/2 cup minced fresh sage
- 1/2 cup minced fresh oregano
- 1/2 cup chopped fresh parsley
- 1/4 cup minced fresh thyme
- 2 teaspoons minced garlic, or to taste
- 1 tablespoon paprika
- 3 tablespoons salt-free herb seasoning blend
step 1: In a small bowl, whisk together the olive oil, soy sauce, lemon juice, and mustard. Stir in chives, sage, oregano, parsley, thyme, garlic, paprika, and herb seasoning. Cover, and refrigerate for 30 minutes to allow flavors to blend before marinating your favorite meat.
step 2: Place turkey or chicken in a 30 gallon plastic kitchen bag. Pour marinade over the bird. Grasp the bag a few inches above the poultry, and press air from the bag. Seal with a twist tie. Rotate bag to coat turkey with the marinade. Marinate in the refrigerator 24 hours, repositioning the bag every 4 hours, or so. Remove poultry from bag before roasting, and transfer marinade to a saucepan. Boil marinade for a few minutes, then use to baste the turkey every 30 minutes, or so, while roasting. Discard any remaining marinade when turkey is done.