Chicken on a Stick Recipe
- 4 skinless, boneless chicken breast halves - cut into cubes
- 1 onion, quartered
- 1 medium green bell pepper, sliced
- 1 red bell pepper, sliced
- 2 cups cauliflower florets
- 4 dill pickles, cut into 1 inch slices
- 1 (8 ounce) package tempura mix
- 1 quart oil for frying
step 1: Thread skewer sticks with pieces of onion, red and green bell pepper, cauliflower and dill pickle, alternating with cubes of chicken.
step 2: Prepare tempura mix according to package directions. Transfer to a long dish for dipping skewers into. Heat 1 inch of oil in a large heavy skillet to 365 degrees F (180 degrees C).
step 3: Dip threaded skewers into the batter, coating all sides. Fry in hot oil for about 5 to 8 minutes on each side, or until golden.