Chicken or Turkey Tetrazzini Deluxe Recipe
- 1 (16 ounce) package linguine pasta
- ½ cup butter
- 3 cups sliced fresh mushrooms
- 1 cup minced onion
- 1 cup minced green bell pepper
- 2 (10.75 ounce) cans condensed cream of mushroom soup
- 2 cups chicken broth
- 2 cups shredded sharp Cheddar cheese
- 1 (10 ounce) package frozen green peas
- ½ cup cooking sherry
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon ground black pepper
- 4 cups chopped cooked chicken breast
- 1 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- paprika to taste
step 1: Bring a large pot of lightly salted water to a boil. Add pasta and cook for 8 to 10 minutes or until al dente; drain and set aside.
step 2: Preheat oven to 375 degrees F (190 degrees C).
step 3: Meanwhile, melt butter in a large saucepan over medium heat. Add mushrooms, onion and bell pepper and saute until tender. Stir in cream of mushroom soup and chicken broth; cook, stirring, until heated through. Stir in pasta, Cheddar cheese, peas, sherry, Worcestershire sauce, salt, pepper and chicken. Mix well and transfer mixture to a lightly greased 11x14 inch baking dish. Sprinkle with Parmesan cheese and paprika.
step 4: Bake in the preheated oven for 25 to 35 minutes, or until heated through.