Chicken with Tomatillos and Poblanos Recipe
- 3 fresh poblano chile peppers
- 3 Anaheim chile peppers
- ¾ pound tomatillos, diced
- 1 onion, chopped
- ⅔ cup red bell pepper, diced
- 4 green onions, chopped
- 6 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 cup chicken broth
- 3 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 4 skinless, boneless chicken breast halves - cut into 2 inch pieces
- ¼ cup all-purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon dried oregano
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 1 pinch black pepper
- 1 pinch cayenne pepper
- ⅔ cup fresh cilantro, chopped
step 1: Preheat oven to 450 degrees F (230 degrees C). Roast peppers for about 25 minutes, until the skins can easily be removed. Remove skins, and chop peppers.
step 2: In a medium saucepan, combine chopped peppers with tomatillos, onion, red pepper, green onion, and garlic. Stir in chicken broth. Heat to a boil, reduce heat, and simmer 15 minutes.
step 3: Heat oil in a large skillet over medium heat. Dredge chicken in flour, then saute briefly. Pour tomatillo mixture over chicken. Season with oregano, salt, black pepper, and cayenne pepper. Simmer for 25 minutes, or until chicken is no longer pink. Stir in the cilantro just before serving.