Chickpea Macaroni Salad Recipe
- 1 cup macaroni
- 1 (19 ounce) can chickpeas (garbanzo beans), drained
- 4 tomatoes, chopped
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 6 ounces feta cheese, crumbled
- 1 cup pitted black olives
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- 1/4 cup fresh lemon juice
step 1: Bring a medium saucepan of lightly salted water to a boil. Add macaroni, and cook 8 to 10 minutes, or until al dente. Rinse under cold water to chill, and drain.
step 2: Meanwhile, combine the chickpeas, tomatoes, onion, garlic, feta cheese, olives, salt, pepper, olive oil, and lemon juice in a large bowl. Set aside to marinate while the pasta is cooking.
step 3: Mix macaroni with chickpea mixture. Cover, and refrigerate for at least 30 minutes to blend flavors.