Chickpeas in Tomato Sauce With Feta and Wine Recipe
- 1 1/3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 onion, chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, peeled and minced
- 1 tablespoon dried oregano
- 1 (14.5 ounce) can diced tomatoes, drained
- 1/2 cup dry white wine
- 1 (15 ounce) can chickpeas (garbanzo beans), drained
- 3/4 cup crumbled feta cheese
- salt and ground black pepper to taste
step 1: Heat oil in a medium skillet over medium heat, and stir in the onion, garlic, and oregano. Cook and stir about 10 minutes, until onions are tender.
step 2: Mix tomatoes into the skillet, and cook until heated through. Mix in wine, and continue cooking about 15 minutes, until thickened.
step 3: Stir garbanzo beans and feta cheese into the skillet, and cook 5 minutes, until the cheese has melted. Season with salt and pepper. Remove from heat, and allow to cool about 5 minutes before serving.