Chile Basil Sesame Chicken Recipe
- ½ cup light soy sauce
- ½ cup low-sodium, low-fat chicken broth
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 teaspoon sesame oil
- 2 teaspoons toasted sesame seeds
- 2 whole dried chile peppers, cut in half
- ¼ cup chopped fresh basil
- 1 pound skinless, boneless chicken breasts
step 1: To Marinate: In a medium nonporous glass dish or bowl combine the soy sauce, chicken broth, olive oil, sesame oil, sesame seeds, chile peppers and basil. Mix well and add chicken. Turn to coat, cover dish or bowl and refrigerate to marinate for up to 24 hours.
step 2: Preheat grill to high heat with the grate set 6 inches from the heat source, and lightly oil grate.
step 3: Remove chicken from dish, discarding any leftover marinade. Grill chicken over high heat for 7 minutes per side or until cooked through and no longer pink inside.