Chile Verde Recipe
- 3 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 cup chopped onions
- 3 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- 3 pounds pork tenderloin - cut into 1/2 inch cubes
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 2 (14.5 ounce) cans recipe-ready diced tomatoes, undrained
- 2 (7 ounce) cans ORTEGA® Diced Green Chiles
- 3/4 cup chicken broth
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
step 1: HEAT vegetable oil in large saucepan over medium-high heat. Add onion and garlic; cook, stirring occasionally, for 2 to 3 minutes or until onion is tender. Add pork and flour; cook, stirring frequently, for 3 to 5 minutes or until pork is no longer pink.
step 2: ADD tomatoes with juice, chiles, broth and salt. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat to medium-low; cover partially. Cook, stirring occasionally, for 15 to 20 minutes or until sauce is thickened.