Chili II Recipe
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 pounds ground beef
- 1 small onion, minced
- 6 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 1/2 cups beef stock
- 1/2 cup red wine
- 2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 1 (28 ounce) can stewed tomatoes, lightly drained
- 7 sun-dried tomatoes, softened and chopped
- 2 tablespoons tomato paste
- 1 (15 ounce) can black beans, drained
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1 tablespoon chili powder
- 2 teaspoons salt
- ground black pepper to taste
- 1 pinch dried oregano
- 1 pinch dried sage
- 1 pinch white sugar
- 1 bay leaf
step 1: In a large Dutch oven, heat the olive oil over medium heat. Brown the ground beef until no longer pink. Drain most of the fat from the ground beef.
step 2: Push the ground beef to the sides of the pan and saute the onion and garlic in the middle until softened.
step 3: Pour in beef stock, red wine, and balsamic vinegar. Stir in tomatoes, sun-dried tomatoes, tomato paste and black beans. Mix thoroughly. Sprinkle in the cayenne pepper, chili powder, salt, pepper, oregano, sage and sugar, then add the bay leaf. Mix thoroughly.
step 4: Cover and simmer on lowest heat for 45 to 90 minutes.