Chili Rick's Recipe
- 2 (29 ounce) cans tomato sauce
- 2 (28 ounce) cans peeled and diced tomatoes
- 2 cups diced onion
- 1 tablespoon Italian seasoning
- 1 pound bacon, diced
- 2 pounds spicy sausage
- 3 pounds lean ground beef
- 1 (32 ounce) bottle hickory smoke barbeque sauce
- ½ cup chili powder
- 4 (15.25 ounce) cans kidney beans, undrained
- 2 (1 ounce) squares unsweetened chocolate, chopped
step 1: In a large pot or Dutch oven over medium heat, combine tomato sauce, tomatoes, onion and Italian seasoning.
step 2: In a large skillet over medium heat, cook bacon until slightly crisp. Drain and stir into the pot.
step 3: In the same skillet over medium heat, cook sausage until brown. Drain and stir into the pot.
step 4: In the same skillet over medium heat, cook the beef until brown. Drain and stir into the pot.
step 5: Stir the barbeque sauce and chili powder into the pot; taste and adjust seasonings. Stir in the kidney beans and chocolate and simmer until flavors are well blended. Serve.