Chili with Ziti Recipe
- 1 1/2 pounds lean ground beef
- 1 onion, finely chopped
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1 (8 ounce) can tomato sauce
- 2 tablespoons chili powder
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano, crushed
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 (15 ounce) can kidney beans, drained
- 1/2 cup water
- salt and pepper to taste
- 16 ounces dry ziti pasta
- 1 cup shredded Cheddar cheese
step 1: In a medium pot over medium heat, brown the ground beef, onion and garlic until the meat is no longer pink; drain fat.
step 2: Pour in tomato sauce, chili powder, oregano and cinnamon; mix thoroughly. Pour in kidney beans and water; stir well. Salt and pepper to taste. Simmer on low for 30 minutes.
step 3: Bring a medium pot of lightly salted water to a boil. Pour in the ziti pasta and cook for 8 to 10 minutes or until al dente; drain.
step 4: Serve the chili over the ziti and top with cheddar cheese.