Chinese Barbecued Chicken Recipe
- 3 tablespoons hoisin sauce
- 2 tablespoons apricot preserves
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1 1/2 teaspoons chopped fresh ginger root
- 1 1/2 teaspoons peanut oil
- 1 1/2 teaspoons oyster sauce
- 1 1/2 teaspoons soy sauce
- 1 1/2 teaspoons dry sherry
- 1 teaspoon chili puree with garlic
- 1/4 teaspoon Chinese five-spice powder
- 1 clove garlic, finely chopped
- 1 (3 pound) whole chicken, cut into pieces
step 1: Preheat oven to 325 degrees F. Line broiler pan with aluminum foil and spray lightly with cooking spray.
step 2: Mix all ingredients except chicken in a 1 quart saucepan. Cook over medium low heat, stirring occasionally, until preserves are melted.
step 3: Place chicken, skin side up, on rack in broiler pan. Brush with preserves mixture.
step 4: Bake uncovered in preheated oven for about 1 hour, brushing occasionally with preserves mixture, until juice of chicken is no longer pink when centers of thickest pieces are cut. Discard any remaining preserves mixture.