Chinese Braised Spare Ribs Recipe
- 1 pound pork spareribs, cut into 3 inch pieces
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1 (1 inch) piece fresh ginger root, sliced
- 5 green onions cut into 2-inch pieces
- ½ teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 2 cups water
- 1 ½ tablespoons soy sauce
- 1 teaspoon white sugar
- 1 teaspoon rice wine
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon pepper
step 1: Bring a large pot of water to a boil, then add the spareribs, and cook uncovered for 3 to 5 minutes. Drain in a colander and set aside.
step 2: Heat the vegetable oil in a skillet over high heat. Stir in the ginger, green onions, and cinnamon; cook and stir until fragrant. Stir in the spareribs and cook for 3 to 5 minutes. Pour in the water, soy sauce, sugar, and rice wine. Season with salt and pepper. Bring the mixture to a boil, then reduce heat to low and cover. Simmer until the spareribs are tender, about 1 hour.