Chinese Peppered Green Beans Recipe
- 2 tablespoons green peppercorns, drained
- 1 cup coarsely chopped cilantro
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 pound Chinese yardlong beans
- 4 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- 2 teaspoons brown sugar
- 1 small red chile pepper, seeded and chopped fine
- 2 tablespoons water
step 1: In a small bowl, using the bottom of a glass or jar, crush the peppercorns into a coarse pulp. Stir in the cilantro.
step 2: Heat oil in a large wok or skillet over medium-high heat. Stir in beans, garlic, brown sugar, chile pepper, peppercorns and cilantro. Stir-fry for 45 seconds. Pour in the water and cover to steam for about 2 minutes. Serve immediately.