Chinese Sizzling Rice Soup Recipe
- 3 ounces baby shrimp
- 3 ounces skinless, boneless chicken pieces cut into chunks
- 1 egg
- 4 tablespoons cornstarch
- 4 cups vegetable oil for frying
- 3 cups chicken broth
- 1 ounce mushrooms, chopped
- 2 tablespoons chopped water chestnuts
- ⅛ cup diced bamboo shoots
- ⅓ cup fresh green beans, cut into 1 inch pieces
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon sherry
- ⅔ cup uncooked white rice
step 1: Mix together the shrimp, chicken, egg, and cornstarch.
step 2: Heat 3 cups of the oil in wok. When it is hot, add shrimp and chicken mixture. Cook for 1/2 minute and drain.
step 3: Place above mixture in pot with the broth, mushroom, water chestnuts, bamboo shoots, and green beans. Bring to a boil. Add salt and sherry. Return to a boil. Reduce heat and allow to simmer.
step 4: Meanwhile, heat the remaining 1 cup of oil until it is hot. Add rice and brown quickly. Drain and add to soup. Serve and enjoy!