Chocolate-Cherry Thumbprints Recipe
- 1 (12 ounce) package NESTLE® TOLL HOUSE® Semi-Sweet Chocolate Morsels, divided
- 1 3/4 cups old-fashioned oats
- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/4 cup NESTLE® TOLL HOUSE® Baking Cocoa
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt (optional)
- 3/4 cup granulated sugar
- 2/3 cup butter or margarine, softened
- 2 large eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 (10 ounce) jars maraschino cherries
step 1: Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
step 2: MICROWAVE 1 cup morsels in small, microwave-safe bowl on HIGH (100 percent) power for 1 minute; stir. Microwave at additional 10- to 20-second intervals, stirring until smooth. Combine oats, flour, cocoa, baking powder and salt in medium bowl.
step 3: BEAT sugar, butter, eggs and vanilla extract in large mixer bowl until smooth. Beat in melted chocolate. Stir in oat mixture. Cover; chill dough for 1 hour.
step 4: SHAPE dough into 1-inch balls. Place 2 inches apart on ungreased baking sheet. Press deep centers with thumb. Place maraschino cherry into each center.
step 5: BAKE in preheated 350 degrees F. oven for 10 to 12 minutes or until set. Cool on baking sheets for 2 minutes; remove to wire racks to cool completely. Melt remaining morsels; drizzle over cookies.