Chocolate Banana Cream Pie Recipe
- 1 (9 inch) deep dish pie crust, baked and cooled
- 2 (1 ounce) squares semisweet chocolate
- 1 tablespoon milk
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 2 bananas, sliced
- 1 ½ cups cold milk
- 1 (3.5 ounce) package instant vanilla pudding mix
- 1 ½ cups shredded coconut
- 1 ½ cups frozen whipped topping, thawed
- 2 tablespoons flaked coconut, toasted
step 1: Combine chocolate, 1 tablespoon milk, and butter or margarine in a medium, microwave safe bowl. Microwave on high for 1 to 1 1/2 minutes, stirring every 30 seconds. Stir until chocolate is completely melted. Spread evenly in pie crust.
step 2: Arrange banana slices over chocolate.
step 3: Pour 1 1/2 cups milk into a large bowl. Add pudding mix, and beat with wire whisk for 2 minutes. Stir in 1 1/2 cups coconut. Spoon over banana slices in crust.
step 4: Spread whipped topping over pie. Sprinkle with toasted coconut. Refrigerate 4 hours, or until set. Store in refrigerator.