Chocolate Cherry Pie Recipe
- 1 ⅓ cups vanilla wafer crumbs
- ¼ cup butter, softened
- 1 (1 ounce) square unsweetened chocolate, chopped
- ½ cup butter, softened
- ¾ cup white sugar
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 eggs
- 2 tablespoons chopped maraschino cherries
- 2 cups whipped cream, garnish
- 8 maraschino cherries, garnish
step 1: Preheat oven to 375 degrees F (190 degrees C.) In a medium bowl, combine crumbs, and 1/4 cup softened butter. Press onto the bottom and sides of an 8 inch pie pan. Bake in preheated oven for 8 minutes. Cool.
step 2: In a microwave-safe bowl, microwave chocolate until melted. Stir occasionally until chocolate is smooth. Set aside. In a large bowl, cream 1/2 cup butter and sugar until light and fluffy. Blend in melted chocolate, salt and vanilla. Add eggs, one at a time, beating 5 minutes for each egg. Stir in chopped cherries. Spread into cooled crust. Chill 4 hours.
step 3: Before serving, garnish pie with whipped cream and maraschino cherries.